MediHoney gel is a great product to help heal cracked nipples.
As an IBCLC, I recommend MediHoney to many of our clients who are experiencing cracked nipples from dysfunctional breastfeeding or pumping.
I love MediHoney because it’s:
- A medical-grade honey product specifically formulated to help heal wounds and prevent infection.
- 100% natural. It has antimicrobial properties, which can help to prevent infection, which is especially important for you breastfeeding mamas.
- Easy to use. It comes in a convenient squeeze tube, and all you have to do is apply a small amount to the affected area after breastfeeding. You can use it as often as you need.
I highly recommend MediHoney for anyone experiencing sore or cracked nipples while breastfeeding. It is a safe, natural, and effective way to promote healing and prevent infection, and it can help make your breastfeeding experience more comfortable. I recommend it so much that we keep sample containers that we provide our clients during in-person consultations.
How To Use MediHoney While Breastfeeding:
After breastfeeding or pumping, squeeze a small amount from the tube and gently apply it to the affected nipple and surrounding area.
Before breastfeeding/pumping, use a warm wet cloth to gently wipe off any remaining MediHoney gel. You do not need to clean off your nipple if you don’t see any MediHoney on your nipple, it is safe for baby.
- Easy to use
- 100% natural
- Has antimicrobial properties
- Promotes healing
- Prevents infection
- Convenient squeeze tube
- Use it as often as you need
- Price – It might seem a bit pricey, but that doesn’t stop us from recommending it to almost everyone with sore or cracked nipples.
- Quantity – You get more than you might need to resolve your cracked nipple issues, at least I sure hope so! You can always share the excess with a mama in need.